For Your Children
This article is dedicated to my and your children and grandchildren.
I implore you to read it for their sake and to honor the men and women who have risked and oft died preserving the United States and its freedoms.
I will try to organize it so I make the important points first so that if you disagree on later points you may opt out.
Psalm 19:14 “May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your site, my Lord and my Redeemer.”
What You Should Do
Some time ago, I read the book “Rules for Radicals” by Saul Alinsky which details what community organizers need to do to accomplish political goals. I have reviewed it at http://politico-cat.com/wp/wordpress/2020/06/21/rules-for-radicals-revised/. You will find a recommendation to read either the book or the review later in this article. For now, I will just list the points I made in the conclusion.
So How Does One Avoid Being Used in an Organization?
- Be suspicious. Be sure you understand the meaning of the words/expressions you hear. Avoid Zohnerisms, like banning dihydrogen monoxide. If you don’t know what a zohnerism is, do a search on the web.
- Be Particularly suspicious of news that elicits emotional response
- Decide what your objectives are for a better future.
- Because we essentially have only 4 parties, read the platforms of all. Select the one which best matches your objectives and conforms to your morality.
- Listen to the speeches of your candidate, preferably to the complete speech so that you understand the context. If available, read the speeches.
- Check the integrity of the candidate. Particularly their past.
- DO NOT pay attention to what the talking heads say, even though they broadcast through your favorite news media. The host of Fox News Sunday has been observed playing a segment by a candidate and then posing a question misstating what the segment just played revealed. Often on this program and others, journalist ask the same question over and over obviously hoping the answer is the one they want.
- Expand your sources of news. CNN, MSNBC, CBS, New York Times, Washington Post, and NPR are considered left regarding their reporting history (eg, 90+ % of their stories about Donald Trump are negative). Fox News claims to be fair and balanced. Hannity, and the Ingram Angle are definitely pro-Trump where other programs like the “Five”, “Outnumbered” have at least one person representing the left. OANN, if available, along with Reuters usually present unvarnished, and, to some degree boring reporting.
- Ignore TV-Radio “negative” adds, those that tell why you shouldn’t vote for a candidate. Remember that a bill may contain something more objectionable than its title or what is a desirable element.
- Once a presentation mentions “source”, “source in the White House”, “source in the Congress”, and “unnamed source”, flag that presentation as highly suspect. Remember, those in the news media also have their agenda.
- Be very careful with Social Media postings. Where links are provided, make sure they are reputable sources. Also realize that the label of a link is designed to get you to click on the link and is not necessarily true.
- If you search the internet for information, I suggest you use the “Brave” browser or DuckDuckGo. Google, Microsoft, and others have been found to “guide” searches.
- Hopefully you know that Facebook and Twitter are known to censor conservative posts and will “jail” users who post conservative messages that do not conform to their rules.
- Vote! Regardless of the party, the weather, your physical condition, or conditions at your poling place. Vote at a poling place unless you have an acceptable reason to use absentee voting. If your locality accepts mail-in votes, to assure your vote is counted deposit it in a USPS mail box or at the Post Office. If you don’t receive a ballot, or receive more than one, notify BOTH a Democratic and Republican voting official.
Steps 2-5, 14 are particularly important.
If you have gotten this far, I hope you will come back because I will be updating the article.
To further educate yourself as to how you may be used to further an objective that you may not wish to further, read the Saul Alinsky book “Rules for Radicals” or at least read my review at the link I provided above.
Certainly you can opine that all of this paper is my opinion. I have tried to direct the above to all American citizens. It is my sincere hope that all find my comments useful. If you do, you may consider my comments below useful.
When I voted for Donald Trump I was voting against Hillary Clinton. I was voting against a person who watched our Ambassador and American Marines being attacked without responding with troops from nearby bases and claimed they wouldn’t get there in time. I was voting against a person who denied security to an Ambassador who had requested it. I was voting against a person who lied to the parents of one the Marines, blaming a video, even though she knew at the time it was a lie. I voted against the party based on what I read in their platform and what I heard directly from the candidates. I could go on and on but it would be boring.
I suggest you use the notes you used in step 3 above in conjunction with your reading the platforms. If you are not clear, or satisfied with them, I suggest you rate the elements based on the amount of individual freedom they promise.
I may not present notes on the Green or Libertarian parties because, even though I may like one more than the dominant two parties, they have not yet garnered enough support to be a factor in the election. However, if you cannot bring yourself to vote for either party, I recommend you vote for the Libertarian party. It offers more individual freedom than the other three.
The following link is to the the Democratic website from which you can read the platform. In the coming month, I will find the page number in the official platform corresponding to the points listed in the Biden-Saunders Unity Platform. They can be identified surrounded by “”
There is also a document “Biden-Saunders Unity Platform” in which you will you may find some of what is intended to be in the platform. I tried to find a link to that document with no luck. The following link on the Donald J Trump claims to list the points in the document.
Democratic Party Platform
I will verify that the points made in the Biden-Saunders Unity Platform discussed below are included.
Biden-Saunders Unity Platform
The following notes are based on what I have found published about the Biden-Sanders Unity Platform. Note that I could not find the actual text and the quotes are from the Donald J Trump site which is presumably quoting the document. Their posting, however, is supported by articles from other sources including the New York Times and NPR.
The following was copied from the Donald Trump website, The page numbers at the end of the quotations specify where in the document the quotation is found.
1) ABOLISH BORDERS
Abolish immigration detention [p.61]
“End the use of for-profit detention facilities and use detention as a last resort.” p. 106 [p.63]
“Democrats will prioritize investments in more effective and cost-efficient community-based alternatives to detention.” p.40
Stop all deportations
“Enact a 100-day moratorium on deportations of people already in the United States while conducting a full-scale study on current practices to develop recommendations for transforming enforcement policies and practices at ICE and CBP.” p. 103
End prosecution of illegal border crossers
“…end indiscriminate prosecutions, including of asylum seekers. End mass prosecutions of individuals who cross the border…” p. 103
Support Sanctuary Cities
“Direct DOJ to drop funding restrictions (and related litigation) relating to state and local decisions regarding their role in enforcement of federal immigration law.” p. 106
Incentivize illegal alien child smuggling
“End use of the unaccompanied minors program as an enforcement trap against family sponsors, including where such a trap is facilitated by the use of information sharing between ICE and ORR.” p. 106
Expand asylum for all new illegal aliens
“…expand the existing asylum system and other humanitarian protections, including provisions in the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (TVPRA) and the Flores Settlement Agreement for arriving unaccompanied minors.” p. 107
“Reverse policies that prevent victims of gang and domestic violence, as well as members of the LGBTQ+ community, from being eligible to apply for asylum.” p. 107
Cancel all Asylum Cooperation Agreements in the Western Hemisphere
“End the Asylum Cooperative Agreements the U.S. has signed with Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala.” p. 103
“End the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) also known as “Remain in Mexico” and other policies that effectively deny protection and due process to asylum seekers.”p. 103
Taxpayer-funded lawyers for illegal aliens
“Ensure access to counsel and establish federal funding to provide representation and ensure that individuals in DHS custody have meaningful opportunities to secure counsel.” p. 106
Abolish immigration enforcement against illegal workers
“Enforcement should sanction employers, not workers. End workplace raids and ensure that I-9 audits do not undermine workers’ ability to organize and assert their rights.” p. 108
Grant work permits to illegal aliens
“Reverse changes made by the Trump Administration to restrict work authorization for asylum seekers and others under ERO supervision.” p. 108
2) PROVIDE TAXPAYER SUBSIDIES AND WELFARE FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS AND NEW IMMIGRANTS
Government healthcare for Illegal Aliens
“ [T]he Task Force recommends extending Affordable Care Act coverage to DACA recipients, [and] allowing undocumented immigrants to purchase unsubsidized coverage in the ACA marketplaces…” p. 108
Federal student aid and free community college for illegal aliens
“Ensure dreamers are eligible for federal student aid and included in proposals to access community colleges without debt, including those who transfer to a four-year HBCU, TCU, or MSI from a tuition free community college.” p. 108
Sign new immigrants up for welfare immediately
“…lift the five-year waiting period for low-income lawfully present immigrants for Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program eligibility.” p. 91
End requirement for immigrant self-sufficiency and maximize welfare
“Immediately halt enforcement of and rescind the Trump administration’s new public charge regulations… [Ensure] that the public charge determination is not used to deter access to essential public benefits, healthcare services and other key resources.”p. 103
3) MASSIVELY EXPAND IMMIGRATION DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC, TAKING JOBS FROM UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS
End all travel bans, including from jihadist regions 
“Immediately terminate the Trump Administration’s discriminatory travel and immigration bans that have had disproportionate impact on Muslim and African people, and invite visa reapplication for individuals from these countries.” p. 38
Grant Mass Amnesty
“Create a roadmap to citizenship for the nearly 11 million people who have been living in and strengthening our country for years. Eliminate unfair barriers to naturalization and reduce the citizenship backlog; reject unreasonable application fees, which make it impossible for families to stay together.” p. 104 [p.62]
Vastly expand low-skilled immigration to the U.S.
“Support legislation to provide legal status and fast-track access to green cards, with an eventual path to citizenship, to agricultural workers based on prior agricultural work history.” p. 104 [p.62]
Increase refugee admissions 700 percent
“Increase the annual global refugee admissions cap to 125,000 in the first year and seek to raise it over time. Support passage of the Guaranteed Refugee Admissions Ceiling Enhancement (GRACE) Act, and commit to complying with statutory requirements to consult with Congress prior to issuing refugee determinations.” p. 107 [p.62]
4) ABOLISH LAW ENFORCEMENT AS WE KNOW IT
End Cash Bail, releasing dangerous criminals onto the streets
“Democrats support eliminating the use of cash bail…” “End Cash Bail: Withhold funding from states that continue to use cash bail…” p. 9, 59
Abolish death penalty
“Abolish the death penalty at the federal level, and incentivize states to follow the federal government’s example.” p. 59
Appoint social justice prosecutors to free violent criminals
“Appoint people committed to criminal justice reform to key prosecutorial positions, including AG, DAG, and U.S. Attorneys…” “Support Progressive Prosecutors.” p. 58
End mandatory minimums
“Empower judges to determine appropriate sentences, by fighting to repeal mandatory minimums at the federal level and give states incentives to repeal their mandatory minimums.” p. 59
Incentivize prison closure
“Incentivize jail and prison closures as populations decline. Ensure the resources saved are invested directly into those communities that have been most impacted by mass incarceration.” p. 60
End solitary confinement
“End solitary confinement in all but rare, exceptional cases.” p. 60
Free federal housing for former inmates
“[W]e will ensure that 100 percent of returning citizens have access to transitional housing upon reentry from jail or prison.” p. 18
5) ABOLISH ENERGY
Rejoin Paris Climate Accord & seek even higher level of restrictions
“We will rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement and, on Day One, seek higher ambition from nations around the world, putting the United States back in the position of global leadership where we belong.” p. 1
Mandate net-zero carbon emissions for HOMES, OFFICES, and ALL new buildings by 2030
“Net-zero emissions for all new buildings by 2030, on the pathway to a 100% clean building sector.” p. 3
Mandate zero carbon emissions from power plants by 2035
“Eliminate carbon pollution from power plants by 2035 through technology-neutral standards for clean energy and energy efficiency.” p. 47
Mandate net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
“We agree with scientists and public health experts that the United States—and the world—must achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible, and no later than 2050.” p. 2
Mandate all 500,000 school buses and all 3 million government vehicles be changed to zero-emission vehicles within five years
“…transitioning the entire fleet of 500,000 school buses to American-made, zero- emission alternatives within five years..transitioning the 3 million vehicles in the federal, state, and local fleets to zero-emission vehicles.” p. 3
Install 500,000 taxpayer-funded charging stations nationwide for electric cars
“Support private adoption of affordable low-pollution and zero-emission vehicles by partnering with state and local governments to install at least 500,000 public charging stations from coast to coast. Make charging infrastructure accessible, with strong labor, training and installation standards, through federal grants to states and localities.” p. 3
6) ABOLISH SCHOOL CHOICE
End School Choice
“Democrats oppose private school vouchers and other policies that divert taxpayer-funded resources away from the public school system.” p. 24
End Tax-Credit Scholarships serving disadvantaged students in 26 states; Oppose 14 million Americans with Education Savings Accounts
“Oppose any and all voucher and neo-voucher programs such as Education Savings Accounts and Tax-credit Scholarship programs” p. 83
Eliminate school choice in DC
“Discontinue funding of the Scholarships for Opportunity and Results (SOAR) Act. This voucher program authorizes the diversion of $20 million annually to private schools in the District of Columbia…” p. 83
7) ABOLISH CHARTER SCHOOLS
Abolish for profit charter schools
“Ban for-profit charter schools.” p. 82
Ban funding for charter schools in poor neighborhoods
“Require that federal funding for charter schools in any district be conditioned on a district’s review of the financial and academic impact of a new charter school or a charter school that wants to expand on that district or neighborhood. The Department of Education would have the ability to deny federal funding for charter(s) if the district’s analysis shows that it is (1) financially distressed or (2) the charter would systematically under-serve the neediest students.” p. 82-83
8) ABOLISH EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS
End standardized tests
“Eliminate high-stakes standardized tests that unfairly label students.” p.83
9) ABOLISH SUBURBS
Enforce Obama-Biden’s radical AFFH regulation that threatens to strip localities of federal affordable housing funds unless they change their zoning laws to fit the federal government’s demands.
“Implement the Obama-Biden Administration’s Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Rule requiring communities receiving certain federal funding to proactively examine housing patterns and identify and address policies that have discriminatory effects.” p. 64
This is the end of the section copied from the Donald J Trump website.
Note that this the 2016 platform. The platform committee has voted to retain it for 2020. President Trump has requested that a new one be developed, so there is a possibility it will be changed.
If you, for some reason, choose not to read the platform, ask me, and I will research and make appropriate text available to you.
Some important points made in the document:
- “Government cannot create prosperity, though government can limit or destroy it. Prosperity is the product of self-discipline, enterprise, saving and in- vestment by individuals, but it is not an end in itself.
- Republicans consider the establishment of a pro-growth tax code a moral imperative.
- We oppose retroactive taxation.
- We condemn attempts by activist judges at any level of government to seize the power of the purse from the people’s elected representatives by ordering higher taxes.
- We oppose tax policies that deliberately divide Americans or promote class warfare.
- Because of the vital role of religious organizations, charities, and fraternal benevolent societies in fostering generosity and patriotism, they should not be subject to taxation and donations to them should remain deductible.
- International trade is crucial for all sectors of America’s economy. Massive trade deficits are not. We envision a worldwide multilateral agreement among nations committed to the principles of open markets, what has been called a “Reagan Economic Zone,” in which free trade will truly be fair trade for all concerned.
- We need better negotiated trade agreements that put America first. When trade agreements have been carefully negotiated with friendly democracies, they have resulted in millions of new jobs here at home supported by our exports. When those agreements do not adequately protect U.S. interests, U.S. sovereignty, or when they are violated with impunity, they must be rejected.
- The Republican vision for American banking calls for establishing transparent, efficient markets where consumers can obtain loans they need at reasonable rates based on market conditions.
- We envision government at all levels as a partner with individuals and industries in technological progress, not a meddlesome monitor.
- We are the party of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. The Declaration sets forth the fundamental precepts of American government: That God bestows certain inalienable rights on every individual, thus producing human equality; that government exists first and foremost to protect those inalienable rights; that man-made law must be consistent with God-given, natural rights; and that if God-given, natural, inalienable rights come in conflict with government, court, or human-granted rights, God-given, natural, inalienable rights always prevail; that there is a moral law recognized as “the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God”; and that American government is to operate with the consent of the governed.”
- There is also a discussion about every one of the first ten Amendments known as the “Bill of Rights”.
- “We oppose the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact and any other scheme to abolish or distort the procedures of the Electoral College.
- Honest elections are the foundation of representative government. We pledge to protect the voting rights of every citizen, as well as their rights of conscience when they are harassed or denied a job because of their contributions to a candidate or a cause.
- We are the party of America’s growers, producers, farmers, ranchers, foresters, miners, commercial fishermen, and all those who bring from the earth the crops, minerals, energy, and the bounties of our seas that are the lifeblood of our economy. Their labor and ingenuity, their determination in bad times and love of the land at all times, powers our economy, creates millions of jobs, and feeds billions of people around the world.
- We support the development of all forms of energy that are marketable in a free economy without subsidies, including coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear power, and hydropower.
- We support options for learning, including home-schooling, career and technical education, private or parochial schools, magnet schools, charter schools, online learning, and early-college high schools. We especially support the innovative financing mechanisms that make options available to all children: education savings accounts (ESAs), vouchers, and tuition tax credits
Promises Made, Promises Kept
I confess I didn’t listen to many of the Trump promises because my decision had been made based on opposition to Democratic Party and its candidate.
It took a while for it to dawn on me, but having spent some time as a Real Estate Associate, I recognized a technique called “puffing”. Often President Trump puffs the accomplishments of his administration as his own. As the leader of that group of people that he assembled, he has that right.
I was most . impressed while watching a little reported on meeting Donald Trump had with a group of back ministers in Detroit. Sure, one could conclude that it was to attract the black vote. However, at the end of the meeting, the ministers gathered around him, performed the familiar Christian ritual “laying on of hands”. Those that have participated as the subject of that ritual as I have will testify that something happens during it that is greater than the act. For me, it was a realization that I was expected to be a part of something greater than myself. Was Donald Trump affected that way? I believe he was.
I am also impressed by the people he chose and serve or served in his administration. At the top of the list is Dr. Ben Carson, the person I voted for in the primary. Another is Sarah Huckabee Saunders who represented the President at very contentious news conferences. Even though Michael Flynn’s name has and is being dragged through the mud and maybe made some bad decisions during his prosecution, I have to respect him for his service to our country. K.T. McFarland is another.
The Trump Administration Accomplishments
Most of these accomplishments were made before the Covid-19 pandemic and are included to show what the administration can do absent a disaster that Covid-19 brought on.
I tend to, and recommend all, to measure a person by his or her accomplishments
- Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
- Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
- Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
- New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
- Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
- African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
- Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
- Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
- Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
- Veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
- Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
- The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
- 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
- Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
- Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
- As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
- Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
- Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
- Record number of regulations eliminated.
- Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
- Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
- Providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
- Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
- We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
- Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
- Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
- We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
- Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
- Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
- United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
- Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
- Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
- Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
- NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
- Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
- Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
- Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
- Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
- Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
- Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
- Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
- Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
- Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
- Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
- Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
- Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
- Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
- Built almost 300 miles of border wall.
I have given you all the reasons that I will vote for the Republicans in November. Admittedly, I have had more time to watch hearings, the Conventions, and the candidates. You, my readers have a decision to make that is the most important in my lifetime. That decision is whether you want your children to live in a socialist country like Venezuela, Cuba, or China and give up freedoms for which so many fought for or in the country, imperfect as it may be, that our founders established for us. It is that simple.
Personalities of the leadership and their past deeds, where they are important, do not necessarily indicate what the will accomplish if tapped by God. For example, Christians recognize the contributions of Paul, who persecuted early Christians, or Peter who denied he knew Christ, or Thomas who doubted Christ, or so many others.
So, while making your decision, look to the future. We know that, in the past parties have not lived up to their promises in their platforms. But the platform at least gives you a hint of what they considered. Not only that, they tell you what kind of voter they are trying to attract.